Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Be Responsible for the entire Thermal management /Fluid Distribution system, supporting engineering discipline for design and best practices
- Define, coordinate, develop, source, and deliver components required to execute Rivian’s Thermal management / Fluid Distribution system on a brand-new vehicle platform
- Responsible for working with system engineering to breakdown component level requirements from system analyses for various components within the thermal management fluid distribution system
- Responsible for developing clean sheet thermal system CAD designs & component integration within vehicle CAD
- Maintain DRE responsibility for sub system components, including but not limited to
- Fluid Lines (Refrigerant and Coolant System)
- Heat Exchangers
- Develop detailed technical RFQ’s and support purchasing to cascade to multiple suppliers.
- Analyze supplier proposed solutions, work simultaneously with systems engineering to ensure specifications are met by supplier proposed design.
- Develop component technical specifications, review supplier DVP&R and propose necessary changes based on Rivian standards and vehicle requirements.
- Evaluate products, parts, processes, DFM and DFA for cost efficiency and reliability.
- Coordinate supplier technical meetings to ensure design maturity is met for various program timelines. Ensure prototype sample timelines are met.
- Travel directly to Rivian’s manufacturing plant to resolve issues related to your parts
- Ensure timely completion of project design deliverables including designs, drawings, analyses and other documentations as required.
- Collaborate with other members of the engineering staff to support both project and internal R&D efforts.
- BSME degree with in mechanical/automotive engineering
- At least 3-5+ years of experience related to automotive design, release, and production
- Favorable experience includes:
- Thermal system components design and release experience
- Experience with fluid lines, heat exchangers/ pumps/chillers /cooling modules
- Thermal management performance experience directly with EV’s
- Managing BOM content and attributes in PLM/SAP systems (Enovia direct experience preferred)
- Managing BOM variants and facilitating part revisions through approval and implementation processes
- Launching new models/products into automotive high-volume production
- Working with manufacturing teams and suppliers to understand and implement DFM/DFA learnings
- Proficiency in CAD; CATIA V5/V6 strongly preferred
- Proficiency in GD&T, tolerance stack-up analyses
- Experience in working with multiple suppliers and analysis of internal & external testing reports.
- Extensive experience in DFMEA, DVP&R and PFMEA.
- Detailed knowledge of relevant manufacturing techniques of various heat exchanger components
- Familiarity with electric vehicle thermal management& control protocols (LIN, CAN). Familiarity with up and coming technologies within thermal management & EV’s
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.