Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
In this role you will support the overall testing and integration of the R1T and R1S into the Rivian charging eco-system. This includes but is not limited to vehicle integration testing of charging controls, J1772, DIN70121, ISO 15118, interoperability, vehicle to charging backend, vehicle/Rivian Adventure Network Implementation and Charging user experience.
- Plan, execute and document system level testing of AC and DC charging
- Conduct hands on test preparation and execution
- Write test plans, procedures, and reports
- Analyze test data to verify system behavior and troubleshoot/root cause any issues
- Lead conformance testing of charging system to DIN 7021, ISO15118, and Plug and Charge
- Perform test on vehicles and join test trips to support validation of the charging system
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (as well as 3rd party network operators) to lead and own root cause of vehicle interoperability issues
- Lead testing of Rivian Plug and Charge eco-system during integration and validation at the system level
- Lead testing of Rivian Charging Platform/Vehicle integration
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or a related degree
- Experience with J1772, DIN70121, and ISO15118
- Deep understanding of electrical signals, CAN, LIN, Ethernet and use of tools such as CANaylzer
- Knowledge of vehicle HV systems
- Self-starter and ability to troubleshoot complex problems
- Ability to travel domestically up to 40%
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.