Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Collaborate with various product managers to ensure requirements defined have been captured in test cases and have traceability.
- Implement and execute test strategies to help improve overall quality and test code coverage.
- Work closely with Product Managers to keep realistic schedules and identify task dependencies.
- Coordinate the setup of each testing environment, ensuring refreshes of data sets and access is scheduled as needed for each iteration of testing.
- Design and develop advanced test suites using automated testing frameworks like cypress.
- Design and develop integration, regression, and stress tests using industry standard tools.
- Motivate the development process for efficiency and performance
- Works together with the software engineering team to enhance and improve programs
- Participate in daily team and business status meetings.
- Responsible for execution and alerting of teams and managers of obstacles, issues, and risks.
- Write automated test cases using cypress framework.
This is what you’ll need:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related program
- Work with Agile and CI/ CD methodology
- 5+ years of experience of testing automation framework is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Cypress.io framework is required.
- Should be able to execute both functional and automation testing
- Knowledge of data modelling concepts using sql and no-sql databases.
- Collaborate with Business Analyst and Developers to understand requirements and translate them into test cases.
- Good knowledge of Web/UI testing.
- Provide technical leadership, driving and performing engineering best practices to initiate, plan, and execute large-scale, cross-functional, and company-wide critical programs.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Great team player and able to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.