Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Support Vehicle Durability planning, coordination, execution, and result reporting with a primary emphasis on structural durability and fatigue analysis.
- Assist in planning and coordination of off- and on-site vehicle-level Durability testing
- Manage supplier relations, including new vendor creation, quotations, and creation of equipment and testing and purchase orders
- Assist in test vehicle commissioning, preparation, and coordination with on- and offsite test location logistics
- Travel as needed to initiate, monitor and support off-site testing, including on-call timing for vehicle issue documentation and correction
- Assist in documenting all test results, including tear-down and component / assembly condition analysis
- Perform other duties as assigned, requested and needed
- Travel 25% or more
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering/technology field or related work experience (2+ years of technical work experience in the automotive industry), specific corrosion and materials science experience a plus.
- Electric/hybrid vehicle experience a plus
- Knowledgeable in automotive components and their function within a vehicle
- Experience in an R&D position is a plus
- Valid driver’s license with clean record
- Strong computer skills especially with work management systems including Microsoft Office Suite, JIRA The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
- At other times while performing duties of this job, the employee will work in a standard office environment.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.