Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian Plant Accounting plays an important role in bringing our innovative new vehicles to production. In this role you will have the opportunity to develop a well-rounded background in manufacturing economics through a variety of challenging assignments. We’re looking for an Accountant who is always seeking to raise the bar, seeks to understand all aspects of the business and is passionate about our products & mission.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Collaborate with leadership from Production, Manufacturing Engineering, Supply Chain, and Finance to enable successful execution of Rivian’s manufacturing priorities
- Produce deep, thoughtful analysis that drives positive change in the organization
- Communicate accounting concepts in non-technical terms to stakeholders and teams outside of Accounting & Finance.
- Monitor, control and report on inventory accuracy
- Execute timely and accurate transactions through all phases of the fixed asset cycle
- Execute accounting close activities such as preparing journal entries, reconciliations, and variance analysis
- Participate in physical counts
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years experience in Accounting or Finance roles
- Rigorous standards in accordance with GAAP
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured, ever-changing environment
- A desire to contribute to a respectful, fun, inclusive and inspiring team culture
- Comfortable in a manufacturing environment
- Advanced Excel skills
- SAP experience
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
- Department: Plant Accounting
- Location: Normal, IL
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.