Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
What You Will Do
- Set throughput (cycle time, efficiency, etc.) and resource targets
- Partner with one of the manufacturing engineering vertical teams (such as battery, drive unit, paint, body-weld, general assembly, material flow, and more). Create models to optimize line, buffer, or material flow designs
- Interface with contract manufacturers to validate line capacity and align on assumptions
- Create and standardize input library for future planning and validation activities
- Collaborate with teams to define and implement systems to track manufacturing metrics
- Identify key bottlenecks during production ramp and drive prioritization activities
What We Are Looking For
- B.S. in Mechanical / Industrial / Manufacturing Engineering, Operations Research, or equivalent
- 4+ years of assembly or manufacturing experience (new line launches a plus)
- Experience with DES simulation software (i.e. FlexSiM, AnyLogic) a plus
- Experience with data analytics, visualization, or programming languages (i.e. Java, Python) a plus
- Analytical mindset with the ability to navigate between fine details and big picture
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and team player
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Department: Manufacturing Engineering
- Location: Palo Alto, CA
- Travel as required to other Rivian engineering and production centers as well as project related partner sites.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.