Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
What You Will Do
- Set throughput (cycle time, efficiency, etc.) and resource targets
- Partner with one of the manufacturing engineering vertical teams (such as battery, drive unit, paint, body-weld, general assembly, material flow, and more). Create models to optimize line, buffer, or material flow designs
- Interface with contract manufacturers to validate line capacity and align on assumptions
- Create and standardize input library for future planning and validation activities
- Collaborate with teams to define and implement systems to track manufacturing metrics
- Identify key bottlenecks during production ramp and drive prioritization activities
What We Are Looking For
- B.S. in Mechanical / Industrial / Manufacturing Engineering, Operations Research, or equivalent
- 4+ years of assembly or manufacturing experience (new line launches a plus)
- Experience with DES simulation software (i.e. FlexSiM, AnyLogic) a plus
- Experience with data analytics, visualization, or programming languages (i.e. Java, Python) a plus
- Analytical mindset with the ability to navigate between fine details and big picture
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and team player
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Department: Manufacturing Engineering
- Location: Palo Alto, CA
- Travel as required to other Rivian engineering and production centers as well as project related partner sites.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.