Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Our retail locations are where Rivian comes to life, and as a Guide, you are the embodiment of the brand for our customers. You will lead Rivian’s test drive program at your location, providing customers with the opportunity to have a hands-on experience with our products. You will ensure that each experience is intuitive, innovative, and fine-tuned to each individual customer’s needs. These experiences will highlight vehicle performance and EV education, tailored specifically to your region and creating memorable moments that our customers will love, leave an impression, and translate to conversion. We are seeking engaging and enthusiastic leaders who have a passion for people, education, community, and creating impactful experiences. You understand the importance of engaging with and building the Rivian community through our retail experiences and help support retail events and local activations. You will create and uphold a premium customer experience and operational excellence, delivering results in alignment with brand culture and business initiatives. Most of all, you will lead by example and inspire your team to live Rivian’s mission.
- Ensure that Rivian’s retail test drive experience and overall customer experience are best-in-class: authentic, engaging, educational and aligned with Rivian’s core values and culture
- Partner with the Retail Leadership team to design Retail test drive experiences that showcase vehicle performance and appeal to local customers
- Execution of the operational framework, best practices, resources, and tools necessary to deliver the best test drive experience for Retail visitors
- Partner with the General Manager to optimize resourcing and staffing, in alignment with customer appointment scheduling to enable a high level of customer engagement
- Uphold the Retail Test Drive Playbook, while leveraging best practices from the other Rivian test drive programs
- Collect, organize, and analyze site level KPI's to be used by the team to measure customer satisfaction and performance, ensuring we measure customer satisfaction and program success.
- Maintain compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations as well as Rivian company policies and procedures tied to vehicle operation and transactions
- Collaborate with all teams working in support of customer transactions to amplify the transaction to delivery journey
- Welcome, educate, and engage customers, providing a positive experience for everyone who comes in and ensuring that the customer’s needs are understood and met
- Build the bond between the customer and our brand, embracing and utilizing your training, skills, and retail toolkit to solve customers’ needs and connect them with the right products
- Maintain a strong knowledge of all retail tools, experiences, and programming; including transactions, POS (Point of Sale), CRM, configuration, EV education and test drives
- Possess a high level of brand and product expertise, serving as a product knowledge resource for customers and associates
- Take an educational approach – we are introducing products that challenge what people believe to be possible and this requires us to breakdown complex ideas into something easy to understand and fun to learn
- Focus on building lasting relationships, sharing your passion for the community and our culture
- Perform location opening and closing duties and ensure policies & procedures are followed
- Jump in with any team member, on any task, to maintain successful operation and ensure your location is driving positive results, both financially and culturally
- Support various community events, store openings, remodels, pop-ups, and special events as needed
- Take on additional projects, duties and assignments as required and/or by request from the retail leadership
- 3-5 years’ experience providing outstanding customer service, delivering product demonstrations, activating field events, or facilitating test drives
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record
- Knowledge of local area, neighborhoods, and roadways
- Experience using POS and CRM software preferred
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and engaging customer interaction style
- Ability to multi-task while providing exceptional quality of work
- Excellent written and verbal language skills in English, additional languages a plus
- Ability to learn quickly, thrive in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing timelines
- An obsessive approach to elevating the customer experience and commitment to taking every opportunity to over-deliver when it comes to delighting and interacting with our community
- Ability and willingness to work weekends, evenings, and holidays with willingness to travel to various retail locations when required
- Ability to build and maintain relationships, solicit cooperation, and achieve results through collaboration while managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.