Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is developing a seamless digital ecosystem spanning web, mobile, vehicle, and physical infrastructure. Every customer can trust that at each interaction with Rivian, their data is secure, private, and under their control. We are seeking a Director, Consumer Data Privacy, to lead on the commercial aspects of this commitment.
You will be responsible for organizing a cross-disciplinary global privacy strategy that achieves Rivian’s commercial goals while positioning the company as a leader in consumer data privacy. You will ensure we are trusted caretakers of our customer’s data through a values-first approach that maximizes your impact and makes ensuring consumer privacy everyone’s job. This will involve the following responsibilities.
- Articulate and advocate Rivian’s values and commitments to consumer data privacy
- Partner with colleagues across a number of disciplines (e.g., technical, legal, product, business line) to identify focus areas with significant consumer data privacy implications
- Partner with colleagues to develop policies and processes that ensure we live up to our values and commitments, in every market where Rivian operates
- Benchmark competitor positions and identify opportunities to outperform
- Partner with colleagues to track customer perceptions of Rivian’s privacy performance and identify opportunities for improved execution
- Advise colleagues on how our privacy values should be incorporated into new products, services, and markets
- Support Rivian’s public messaging about consumer data privacy
- 5+ years of experience in privacy and security with increasing responsibility
- 3+ years of experience in related digital responsibilities such as software engineering, prouct management, or program management
- Ability to form, challenge, and communicate strong points of view on how companies should manage consumer data privacy
- Leadership skills to manage change, influence stakeholders, communicate status and direction, and solve seemingly intractable problems
- Strategic thinker with a customer-centric mindset and approach
- Understanding of the developing automotive technology landscape and its privacy implications
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.