Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is developing a seamless digital ecosystem spanning web, mobile, vehicle, and physical infrastructure. We will leverage data to deliver better consumer experiences, improve operations, and develop new products and services. We are seeking a Commercial Analytics Leader to lead the collection, analysis, and reporting of data across Rivian’s commercial activities.
You will be responsible for leading a global analytics team covering brand awareness, digital product performance, operations performance, customer satisfaction, and demand for vehicles, accessories, and services. Your team will be a driver of growth and continuous improvement by generating insights and informing strategies across all of Rivian’s commercial activities. This role will encompass the following responsibilities:
- Build, from the ground up, a commercial analytics function including hiring and leading team of analytics professionals, developing necessary processes, building necessary analytics infrastructure and capabilities, establishing organizational and cross functional scorecards to measure success in addition to developing and achieving strategic priorities
- Understand Rivian’s business strategy, organization, current state, and roadmap forward
- Synthesize the key questions relevant to business decision makers and design the tools, dashboards, and reports that best answer them
- Partner with colleagues across technical, operational, and other functions to build analytics products
- Build a high performing team through rigorous hiring, coaching, and management; develop a reputation across Rivian as a trusted source of insight and a consistent driver of growth
- Use business analytics, competitive intelligence and marketing sciences to provide performance and market based insights to senior leadership and key stakeholders: key partners to collaborate with include IT, Product Management, Digital Technology Engineering, business line managers (e.g., Insurance, Financing), Customer Service, Vehicle Service, and Delivery Operations.
- 3+ years of experience in analytics with increasing responsibility
- 5+ years of experience in related roles supporting executive decision making, such as consulting or corporate strategy
- Deep familiarity with survey techniques, measures of customer satisfaction, and other analytical methods
- Leadership skills to manage change, influence stakeholders, communicate status and direction, and solve seemingly intractable problems
- Strategic thinker who can be a partner in charting Rivian’s path forward
- Aesthetic judgement for the visual communication of quantitative information
- High analytical capability with history of leveraging data and analytical techniques to optimize business decisions.
- Experienced in start-up operations or launching new products quickly and successfully
- Ability to lead by example, attract and develop talent, build partnerships and create a culture of collaboration and high performing teams that fosters open communication, constructive feedback and organizational flexibility
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.