Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Our retail locations are where the brand comes to life, and as a Retail Specialist, you are the embodiment of the brand for our customers. You will be at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and memorable moments that our customers will love, leave an impression, and encourage repeat visits. We are seeking engaging and enthusiastic individuals who have a passion for people, education, community, and creating impactful experiences. You understand the importance of engaging with and building the Rivian community through our retail experiences and help support retail events and local activations. You will create and uphold a premium customer experience and operational excellence, delivering results in alignment with brand culture and business initiatives. Most of all, you will lead by example and inspire your team to live Rivian’s mission.
- Ensure that the Rivian retail customer experience is best-in-class: authentic, engaging, educational and aligned with Rivian’s core values and culture
- Welcome, educate, and engage customers, providing a positive experience for everyone who comes in and ensuring that the customer’s needs are understood and met
- Share your passion for adventure and stewardship, using your local knowledge to connect customers with outdoor venues, activities, eateries and beyond
- Build the bond between the customer and our brand, embracing and utilizing your training, skills, and retail toolkit to solve customers’ needs and connect them with the right products
- Maintain a strong knowledge of all products, retail tools, experiences, and programming, including transactions, POS (Point of Sale), CRM, configuration, EV education and test drives
- Focus on building lasting relationships, sharing your passion for the community and our culture
- Perform day to day operational duties, including BOH upkeep, shipping and receiving duties, showroom upkeep, cleaning duties, and building or maintaining visual displays as necessary
- Uphold the operational framework, best practices, and playbooks to deliver the best experience possible to our customers and team
- Seamlessly move customers through the ownership process, with the help of the digital commerce platform and CRM tools (including accessories and branded merchandise sales)
- Take on additional projects, duties and assignments as required and/or by request from the retail leadership
- 1-3 years’ experience in a customer service, education, hospitality, outdoor program or guide environment
- Possess a valid driver's license with a safe driving record
- Ability to obtain and maintain local sales licenses if applicable in your state
- Experience using POS and CRM software preferred
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and engaging customer interaction style
- Ability to multi-task while providing exceptional quality of work
- Excellent written and verbal language skills in English, additional languages a plus
- Ability to learn quickly, thrive in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing timelines
- An obsessive approach to elevating the customer experience and commitment to taking every opportunity to over-deliver when it comes to delighting and interacting with our community
- Ability and willingness to work weekends, evenings, and holidays with willingness to travel to various retail locations when required
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.