Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Join the fastest growing team in the automotive industry to drive efficiency and effectiveness of every aspect of vehicle development.
- Manage all aspects of software development for our custom in-house direct cost software, including feature additions, bug fixes, major iterations, third-party contracting, user acceptance testing, and customer feedback.
- Work with developers to expand the scope of the software from only tracking material cost to include mass, logistics, investment, reporting, security profiles, approvals, and many other key metrics in the vehicle development process
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders within Rivian, including purchasing, supply chain management, finance, engineering, logistics, and manufacturing
- Make decisions for software development direction by balancing competing priorities, aiming to deliver to stakeholders key functionality
- Present metric updates and results of findings with leadership
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- At least two of the following:
- Bachelor's degree in finance or operations
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, systems, or related engineering program
- 4+ years of experience in software development program management, agile, or similar
- MBA is a plus but not required
- Ability to make sense of ambiguous situations and drive towards clarity and unity
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills; ability to work with a diverse team and influence/drive change across functional and business boundaries
- Intellectual curiosity to drive the detailed understanding of business performance, decision making, and communication
- Effective communication and strategic thinking skills
- Strong project management, planning, and organization skills
- Continuous improvement attitude; ability to suggest and implement best practices
- Extremely detail orientated
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Product Development Finance
Location: Irvine, CA or Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.