Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is seeking a Marketing & Engagement Lead who desires the challenge of a new business and the excitement of building something from the ground up. You will oversee daily operations and sales activities at the Retail experience center, ensuring delivery of a best-in-class guest experience and that performance goals are met. As a Retail Marketing & Engagement Lead, you are accountable for driving sales, supporting the Retail Experience team, and achieving operational excellence. You will partner with the Retail General Manager to oversee the guest experience and operations for the Retail Experience Center, ensuring effective implementation of brand culture and business initiatives.
- Facilitate site level marketing activations, programs and events focused on engaging and building the Rivian community through our retail experiences
- Concept and deploy locally specific social engagements and educational events, centered on shared values and adventurous passions
- Create and foster stewardship through community to build meaningful relationships with Rivian, our teams and one another
- Keep a pulse on the Rivian community, regularly surfacing Voice of Customer reporting back to stakeholders within the company
- Develop and implement local partnership programs, focused on establishing organic relationships with local like-minded brands, artists, artisans, and food & beverage providers who strongly align with Rivian’s mission and help lift brand awareness and affinity
- Identify, drive, and track relevant metrics of success, reporting on the impact of marketing tactics and results of local community activations
- Ensure that the Rivian retail customer experience is best-in-class: authentic, engaging, educational and aligned with Rivian’s core values and culture.
- Uphold the operational framework, best practices, and strategies to deliver the best experience possible to our customers and team
- Support various community events, store openings, remodels, pop-ups, and special events as needed
- Maintain compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations as well as Rivian company policy and procedures
- Lead seasonal visual and product change outs at your location, while relentlessly uphold visual merchandising and retail presentation standards
- Ability to provide seamless and complete support in the absence of the Retail General Manager.
- 5+ years within retail management, experiential/brand marketing, or similar fields, preferably in a Direct to Consumer business model
- Ability and willingness to work weekends, evenings, and holidays with willingness to travel to various retail locations when required
- Ability to build and maintain relationships, solicit cooperation, and achieve results through collaboration while managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- A passion for bringing people together around common values and shared passions
- A proven track record for building and scaling a community, preferably at retail and around a brand mission
- Ability to translate high level brand values through compelling community experiences at retail
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.