Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is expanding our retail footprint and we are looking for an entrepreneurial merchandising, buying and planning leader to establish and operate our merchandise strategy. You will lead financial forecasting, demand planning, assortment planning, buying and inventory management across the retail channel. You possess an innate and sophisticated sense for great product and will work cross-functionally with Brand, Merch and Digital Commerce teams to build Retail’s merchandise assortment, 3rd party partnerships and local goods collections. You will design and facilitate a retail merchandise strategy that drives business results and connects Rivian with our local communities, all centered on sharing our adventurous passions and desire to make the world a better place.
- Lead assortment planning, buying, financial forecasting, demand planning, and inventory management across the retail channel
- Work cross-functionally with Brand, Merch, and Digital Commerce teams to build Rivian Retail merchandise assortment
- Create and maintain an aligned merchandise and accessories sales forecast and site plans
- Develop assortment and inventory plans for all merchandise categories, in alignment with key business and financial goals, ensuring profitability
- Drive merchandise space allocation based on brand initiatives, productivity and contribution
- Create a scalable multi-location model for efficient buying and replenishment
- Buy retail merchandise assortments across multiple categories each season
- Establish and review merchandise KPI metrics, by location and product categories
- Report weekly/monthly/quarterly sales and merchandise performance results
- Use data to make actionable decisions such as markdowns, transfers, and locally specific merchandise assortments
- Manage total inventory levels to strict KPIs; Establish and manage retail open to buy and excess inventory exit strategy
- Manage weekly replenishment and allocation to retail locations
- Partner with Retail experience, Brand, Merch, and Marketing teams around new product launches and campaigns
- Be in close communication with Retail General Managers and their teams regarding all new location openings, inventory levels, assortment and sales trends
- Partner with the Retail Visual Merchandising and Retail Experience Design Teams on site-by-site planograms and space allocation
- Monitor market and consumer trends
- Collaborate cross functionally across all revenue channels and operations on demand planning and inventory levels
- 5 + years of experience leading planning, buying and allocations, and merchandising in multi-unit retail, preferably in a DTC model
- Extensive experience with BI tools, POS & CRM
- Ability and willingness travel up to 25% of time
- Experience creating scalable retail merchandising, buying and planning best practices and strategies
- Ability to analyze data and report findings that are actionable by both business and technical teams
- Proven track record for building and scaling merchandise assortments at retail and around a brand mission
- Ability to translate high level brand values through compelling merchandise assortments
- Analytical decision maker, able to drive top line and bottom line through data-driven decisions
- An obsessive approach to elevating the customer experience and commitment to taking every opportunity to over-deliver when it comes to delighting and interacting with our community
- Ability to build and maintain relationships, solicit cooperation, and achieve results through collaboration while managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.