Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is expanding its retail footprint and we are looking for an entrepreneurial visual merchandising leader to establish and operate our visual merchandising strategy. You will bring Rivian's brand and product to life in our retail locations, curating visual displays across 3D, digital and 2D graphic displays. You have deep experience across product presentation and display curation, along with an innate and sophisticated sense for space styling. You will design and facilitate a visual merchandise strategy that attracts, engages and connects customers and our local communities with Rivian, all centered on sharing our adventurous passions and desire to make the world a better place.
- Create a visual merchandising strategy that allows for both site level local specificity and global scalability
- Collaborate with the Retail Experience, Merchandising and Retail Design teams to create visual layouts for each site, including planograms and elevations showing visual content and product presentation
- Partner with the Retail Experience, Merchandising and Customer Experience Design teams to conceptualize, create and execute three-dimensional displays, both large and small scale
- Manage the visual update cadence, process and budget, striking a balance between evergreen brand and product storytelling and locally relevant seasonal injections
- Develop and relentlessly uphold Retail’s visual merchandising and product presentation standards across all retail sites, ensuring that the Rivian retail customer experience is always best-in-class
- Create and maintain the Retail Visual Merchandising playbook and provide each location with the tools and training necessary to uphold the visual standards
- Lead the development of Retail’s Visual Merchandising training program, partnering with the Learning and Development team to roll out the program across new and existing locations
- Regularly spend time at our Retail locations and in the field, gathering feedback, studying customer behavior and keeping a pulse on the local market to ensure visuals and the product assortment are in line with customer needs and trends.
- Track and report on business trends and KPI’s, ensuring our visual merchandise strategy is a blend of art and science
- Collaborate with the Retail, Customer Experience and Community teams to plan and execute events; program strategies that drive brand awareness, store traffic, product education and conversion
- Plan & execute daily/weekly/monthly/ quarterly visual merchandising plans for each site
- Act as key partner and liaison with Retail Experience and Brand teams, helping drive asset creation in alignment with Retail’s needs
- 5 + years of experience leading Visual Merchandising across at least 20+ retail locations, preferably in a DTC model
- Proven track record for building and scaling retail visual merchandising playbooks and retail presentation standards
- Experience working across multiple mediums, including 3D display, 2D static graphics and digital content
- Ability to translate high level brand values through compelling visual displays
- Effective communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) and proven track record of highly effective collaboration
- Experience with vendor management, negotiations, sourcing and budget management
- Experience with digital content management
- Experience with graphic design tools a plus
- Experience creating scalable retail merchandising, buying and planning best practices and playbooks. Proven ability to drive process improvements across all areas managed
- Ability to analyze data and report out actionable findings
- Ability to build and maintain relationships, solicit cooperation, and achieve results through collaboration while managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. Outstanding verbal and written communication
- Ability and willingness travel up to 40% of time
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.