Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
You will be responsible for the development and delivery execution of electronics technology components. Role requires high levels of initiative, independent judgement, and indirect leadership capability. You’re the voice of the vehicle line within the Rivian Electronics team and the voice of the Rivian Electronics Team within the vehicle team.
You will be responsible to drive the Design, Development, Release, Validation for different Rivian Electronics. You’ll maintain and ensure awareness of overall departmental program deliverable status.
- Work closely with the Electronics Design team to create engineering and delivery schedules, closely track engineering progress, and deliveries against overall vehicle deliverable schedules.
- Identify programmatic risks and work to mitigate and reduce exposure, championing and raising issues and removing roadblocks to hit timing.
- Work with the vehicle line, software, electrical and other teams to identify, come together, and drive critical path and ensure synchronized deliveries.
- Lead and drive the development and integration of electronics via design reviews, ensuring all pre series builds are supported to effectively launch the vehicle
- Coordinate with Suppliers and Supply chain to ensure timely delivery of components and assemblies for prototype builds.
- Coordinate with Vehicle integration and Electrical Systems to ensure delivery and successful integration of electronic assemblies
- Push and support the release of all engineering documentation to support PLM.
- Support purchasing efforts as needed to ensure timely deliveries.
- Be able to plan budget for the project and maintain forecast, maintaining risk registers
- 8+ years of experience on a program team or equivalent experience
- BS+ in Engineering or similar technical degree required
- Detailed knowledge of electronics design, development, validation, and integration process
- Demonstrated experience in addressing and solving complex issue
- Strong communication experience with Executive Staff
- Ability to work and communicate with cross functional teams
- Proven experience tracking and driving the progress of multiple projects
- Strong team player; drive to exceed expectations and meet deadlines
- Ability to manage ambiguity and create clarity; oversee multiple projects and make them better
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex.
- Travel as needed to support builds.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.