Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Responsible for scoping, assessing, planning, designing, configuring, and implementing Office 365 services (Exchange Online, Teams, OneDrive, Planner, PowerApps, Power BI, and Azure Active Directory)
- Establish standards and policies for Messaging services such as email retention & archiving, public folders, shared mailboxes, O365 license management/tracking, 3rd Party application integrations, role-based access, and PST files management
- Design, administer, and manage a scalable enterprise-level O365/messaging platform based on the business requirements
- Lead testing practices to ensure O365 changes/upgrades don’t negatively impact key business applications or user experience.
- Provide the last line of defense for O365 & Messaging support within IT
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Exchange Online, Exchange Online Protection, MS Teams, and other O365 services
- Architect O365 and Modern Desktop Management strategy that meets the business needs of a modern and rapidly growing organization to deliver consistent, secure, and scalable end-user services
- Manage enterprise O365 platform and leverage your scripting skills to automate activities
- Develop positive relationships with the business and other functions involved in downstream technical processes
- Collaborate with members of the information security, network, Active Directory, End User Computing, and cloud teams to ensure our O365 set up meet user requirements and align with the overall IT technology portfolio, processes, and procedures
- Document standards and provide on-going training to more junior members of the O365/Messaging team
- Look to improve all aspects of the messaging services continually
This is what you’ll need:
- At least 8-10 years (or relative) in the Exchange/Messaging Engineer role, where you learned the nuances of IT Administration
- At least 3-4 years of experience in managing the O365 platform and leading a team of O365 engineers
- Bachelor’s is preferred for this position
- Experience with: On-Prem Exchange server management, PowerShell scripting, Azure AD management, Office365 suite services, Intune configuration, Cloud Identity Management, Azure AD Connect, MS Teams, Conditional Access Management, and Level 3 escalation support
- Ability to identify, scope, and recommend improvements in the Microsoft 365 and Modern Desktop Management areas
- Experience in monitoring the O365 platform and providing metrics
- 4 to 6 years of scripting experience such as Python, PowerShell, or other automation tools
- Tech Savvy – Ability and passion for learning new technology and tools
- Passion for Customer Support – A drive to help end-users get what they need to do their jobs the best they can. A sense of satisfaction from assisting end-users in getting what they need on time
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the organization – Business Stakeholders, Senior Managers, and C-Level Execs
- Prioritization Skills – The ability to analyze support requests and prioritize them based on impact
- Discipline – The discipline to actively manage O365 tickets and internal IT tasks without getting distracted by email, chat, or other ad-hoc communication
- A Teacher – Able to teach end-users about IT technologies or solutions to their issues in an easy to understand the way
- Self-Starter – The ability to actively look for effective tasks to complete in times of low tickets
This is where you’ll work:
Department: IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.