Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Our Vision for Employee Support: Employees who need support from the People Team are pleasantly surprised how easy it is to help themselves and are equally impressed when they interact with one of our People Experience Guides.
- Ensure a positive experience for employees by providing day-to-day support on People Team-related policies and programs
- Provide leadership to a team of on-site People Experience Guides, who are responsible for day-to-day employee support, including onboarding and offboarding, as well as maintaining Open Access information to enable the team to meet the defined goals.
- Partner with People Experience Guide manager to provide training to the team at our manufacturing plant, supporting special projects, help develop & analyze data metrics for tracking the effectiveness of all the internal channels (Emails/In-Person/Case Management etc.) used by the local team.
- Partner with the broader People Team, IT, Facilities, and other cross-functional partners at our manufacturing plant to ensure the onboarding coordination and offboarding processes deliver the right employee experience and ensure all the logistics are being taken care of.
- Responsible for escalation of issues promptly to ensure an effective end user experience while remaining engaged in resolving the issue.
- Use case management system to interact with employees to track cases for trends and ensure proper documentation
- Help drive the content on processes and initiatives introduced by the People Team for the Open Access (self-service) knowledge base
- Assists and encourage employees to make effective use of Open Access (i.e. Self-service), knowledge management, case management tool and any other People systems available to them in order to drive rapid resolution
- Collaborate with the broader People Operations team, People Team COEs (Total Rewards, Recruiting, Talent Development), and the Business Partners and People partners to provide feedback and support
- Partner with People Team, IT, Facilities, and other cross-functional partners to ensure the onboarding and offboarding processes are delivering the right employee experience
- Responsible for escalation of issues in a timely manner to ensure an effective employee experience while remaining engaged in resolving the issue
- Ensure that all critical administrative transactions, like the I-9 or background check process, are accurate and handled in a timely and compliant manner
- Provide exceptional service to questions and issues received from employees
- Help maintain and audit employee personnel files.
- Help perform People Experience Guides roles and responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, Business Administration preferred
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in an HR support role, preferably in a shared services environment
- General knowledge of HR functional areas and workflows
- Experience with Workday and SharePoint is preferred
- Experience with Remedy, Jira, ServiceNow, or similar case management systems strongly preferred
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality with sensitive data and conversations, and effectively work with employees at all levels of the company
- Must be able to learn and apply quickly, as well as to dispense/share knowledge in a team environment
- Exceptional customer services skills.
- Experience coaching and leading a team is a plus.
- Attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, professional, global business environment is a plus
- Must be self-motivated, demonstrate initiative, and able to work independently.
- Must be able to prioritize, deliver on deadlines, problem solve, and multi-task
- High proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and ability to research, compile, and present information and data
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.