Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
In this position you will drive successful launch and sustainment of production test equipment for Rivian in house designed control units
· A blend of Test Engineering and Manufacturing, you’ll be at the heart of the production launch process.
· Establish production testing specifications for feasibility and scalability.
· Work with main stake holders in the completion of PFMEA, PPAP; and optimize testing processes for volume manufacturing.
· Push electronic modules through from LRIP to High Volume with the contract manufacturer and at the Rivian vehicle assembly plant.
· Proactively Identify high risk areas in production and engineering design cycle.
· Work with contract manufacturers to perform DFT analysis and optimize at all levels.
· Identify, root cause and track issues and work with Design Engineers on necessary design changes through the production and vehicle launch process.
· 5+ years experience in the development, build and commissioning of test equipment for electronic modules; including development of ICT and EOL testers and programming stations.
· 5+ years experience in HW cloud data products and storage data array for cloud companies such as aws or others.
· Experience with Controller Area Network (CAN) and TCP/IP communications.
· Experience in the development, implementation and sustainment of test procedures.
· Experience with production testing capacity analysis (installed vs planned capacity, OEE, etc)
· Experience in the Failure Analysis of Electronic Modules.
· Forward Thinking – Providing inputs on new or alternative and improved manufacturing test methods.
· Ability to lead and sustain supplier manufacturing test process to the higher standards.
· Understanding of the Automotive PPAP process.
· Ability to travel as needed to CM locations.
· Ability to work and communicate with cross functional teams.
· Strong team player, drive to exceed expectations and meet deadlines.
· Ability to manage ambiguity and create clarity, oversee multiple projects and make them better.
· Excellent written and verbal skills.
· 40 Working Hours
· 50 % Travel Requirements of Position
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.