Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Administer the processes, procedures, and governance of the IT Infrastructure project management program
- Ensure all project and architecture documentation is centrally managed and updated
- Support vendor relationships and procurement activities – request quotes, submit purchase requisitions, and track purchase orders
- Run the weekly project management status meeting – collect and present project health metrics, follow-up on actions identified as projects risks, take meeting minutes
- Track project resource conflicts and travel schedules
- Lead infrastructure projects – you will test your project management skills that cannlead to more senior level project leadership opportunities
- Work cross-functionally with IT Operations, IT Procurement, IT Project Management, and act as a liaison to ensure day-to-day needs are met
- Provide logistical support as it relates to onboarding, facility changes, and project coordination
- Review and maintain department documentation to ensure it reflects current processes and procedures
- Experience with project and portfolio management tools such as MS Project, ServiceNow, Smart Sheets, or others
- MS Office skills including Excel, Powerpoint, and Word
- Prepare Service Desk tickets and Contractor Onboarding forms, collaborating with Legal, Procurement, and Operational teams
- Create Purchase Requisitions (Coupa) and track lifecycle through Purchase Order completion, receiving items in system once procured
- Serve as a key resource on team projects as needed
- Identify system access inconsistencies and provide resolution
this is what you’ll need:
- 3-5+ years of experience in a project support role within an active IT organization
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Project management skills – project schedules, risk tracking, resource management, communication
- Ability to perform in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- Willingness to adapt to a start-up environment and taking on new job duties as necessary.
- Preferred: previous experience supporting IT project and communication initiatives
This is where you’ll work:
Department: IT Infrastructure
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.