Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Architect a highly scalable Big Data architecture with high volumes & variety of data from business applications and machines
- Create and manage a highly performant IIOT infrastructure and advanced analytics framework.
- Collaborate with other technology teams to implement a framework of tools and technologies to ingest high volume of data to support data science and machine learning.
- Solve complex analytical requirements using software engineering tools.
- Implement tools and technologies to provide data governance – data catalog and lineage.
- Used case-based implementation of Graph Databases, Time Series Databases, Elastic Search and NOSQL
- Create data applications with ability to do searches, real time data alerts, APIs to pull the data on a large volume of data.
- Build data applications to provide real-time data alerts & high throughput analytics
- Strong communication and leadership & collaboration skills.
- Passion for Software & data engineering, pioneering data technologies and architecture. Ability to understand complex business problems and provide software solutions.
- 10-15 years of experience in building petabyte scale data platforms and Big Data architecture using AWS services & open-source technologies.
- Experience in solving large scale IOT used cases.
- Extensive hands-on experience in building data solutions and architecture using AWS & open-source services like Kinesis/Kafka, Spark, ElasticSearch etc.
- Real-life production experience in creating architectural framework and tools for Data Science teams to build, train & scale machine learning models.
- Strong hands-on experience with NOSQL, Timeseries, Graph, Columnar and Relational databases.
- Experience in building data governance and security in data lake, implementing data catalog solutions like Alation, Collibra, Atlas
- Experience in building CI/CD framework for the data teams
- Hands-on experience in one or more programming languages like Java, Python, Scala.
- Bachelors/Masters in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related technical discipline preferred
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.