Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Oversee All Aspects of Advanced Quality: Body Interior for Rivian Vehicles
• Develop, implement and lead World Class Exterior and Body Quality system design
• Ensure capability of Part & Assy design and dimensional control optimization
• Create Launch Control and Attribute Quality Assurance Plans
• Develop FMEAs and lead system analysis and resolution plans
• Define robust gauging strategies and support coordinating design, purchase, manufacture, asset registry, implementation, calibration and design updates
• Conduct gauge R&R analyses
• Assist with initial and last stage dimensional verification
• Conduct statistical analysis for critical, safety and functional requirements
• Update and maintain FMEAs, Control and Attribute Quality Assurance Plans
• Create, execute and track adherence to KPIs
• Assist with closure of PPAP submission packages including PSW, FMEA, dimensional sign off, SPC verification, Design Verification Approval Certificate, dunnage specifications, etc.
• Develop work instructions for all operations and assist training team members
• Drive internal awareness of function and requirements
• Have ability to support urgent program deliverables as required with minimal notice or instruction
• Technical Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering Discipline, Masters preferred
• 3-6 years’ experience within APQ role or Dimensional Specialist at a global O.E.M.
• Knowledge of advanced quality tools and techniques including Six Sigma
• Proven technical knowledge and ability to collaborate with Engineering, Manufacturing and suppliers
• Intermediate competency in Catia
• General understanding for GD&T and best practices
• Curiosity for how things work, inclination and determination to improve them
• Logical and thoughtful approach to solving problems
• Strong statistical and problem-solving capability
• Ability to manage multiple projects across varying geographic locations
• Willingness to work in a strong cross functional environment
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.