Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Digital Technologies Team is responsible for the end-to-end implementation of the digital experience outside the vehicle (e.g. vehicle configurator, payment gateway, vehicle delivery management, service scheduling) across web, mobile app and in-store. To that end, we are developing a world-class commerce platform that will make learning about and purchasing electric adventure vehicles intuitive, seamless and fun.
We are seeking a senior engineering manager who will lead the talented individuals and mobile application development team whose primary focus is to build the consumer facing Rivian mobile application. This role will impact future vehicle and software technologies, roadmaps across the company as well as helping us minimize our carbon footprint.
- Establish and lead technology decisions & development implementations by partnering with product, programs, development, architecture teams and stake holders.
- Ensure project deadlines are met for product launches, feature upgrades, and maintenance phases.
- Ensure the best in class software development practices, coding rules, reviews, test and release methodology and as well as quality and performance of product features to specifications.
- Define key metrics and KPIs and implement them to ensure maximum productivity, quality, visibility and predictability for the organization.
- Communicate and support effectively with the various internal teams on dependencies and schedule.
- Hire, ramp up, manage and maintain highly performing engineering team and culture.
- Organize, attend and participate in scrums and stakeholder meetings.
- Develop and be accountable for critical vendor partnerships needed for success.
- 15 years of combined experience with software development and management experience together with large scale consumer electronic and IOT based mobile product launches to the market.
- 10 years of experience of managing development teams of ten and more.
- 7 years of experience of managing native iOS and Android mobile application development (React Native is a big plus).
- Track record to set up engineering team and demonstrate excellent leadership of technology development & ramp; deployment into major projects.
- Knowledge of Apple’s and Android design principles, technologies, development and application interface guidelines.
- Familiarity with the best in class Software and mobile app development practices.
- Proficient in continuous integration and code versioning tools including Git, Bitbucket and others.
- Experience on technical and software project management of practices (Agile - Scrum, Hybrid, Kanban, Waterfall).
- Product management experience, stakeholder management, vendor management
are a plus (including product roadmap development and user story development).
- Deep understanding of user-friendly, immersive, reactive user interface development.
- Excellent inter-personal skills with the ability to collaboratively work with and influence cross-functional.
- Sets dramatic, compelling goals and aggressive schedules for improvement.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.