Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Be the Single Point of Contact for ESS for a specific vehicle program:
- Be the Program/Technical expert who supports all technical delivery, design reviews, concept definition and resolution of all ESS Engineering/Project concerns.
- Ensure Project gateway deliverables are understood in detail and resources planned to deliver green deliverables.
- Lead Production Releases for ESS
- Co-ordinate and manage Design & Release Engineers to have production release plans in place and executed with no late releases & no late parts for the build phases.
- Ensure Engineering Documentation is co-ordinated & managed to project milestones – Risk assessment/management, Requirements, DFMEA, DVP, Functional Safety.
- Vehicle Builds – Manage and co-ordinate all BOMs, part procurement for all pre-production build phases.
- Work with Program team to define piece cost, investment cost and weight targets
- Manage the design and engineering content to deliver the BOM & investment targets for ESS for a specific Vehicle project. Document and report all risks and opportunities and ensure all components have targets which roll up to the ESS functional team’s target.
- Manage all designs to weight targets.
- Understand and ensure system and component designs are complementary and deliver Vehicle attribute targets.
- Ensure that battery design meets Rivian requirements
- Collaborate with program team and other stakeholders to define requirements for battery based on vehicle needs and use case.
- Ensure that all designs meet Design For Manufacture (DFM) standards for both internal and external manufacturing supply options.
- Co-ordinate and manage cross functional teams in a simultaneous methodology to deliver designs in line with production release dates.
- Support program meetings - acting as the voice of the ESS functional team to the Vehicle program team and vice-versa and represent the ESS functional team in all required program/senior level meetings.
- Ensure ESS functional timing plans deliver to the program timing plans.
- Masters degree in Engineering (or international equivalent)
- 10+ years experience in automotive in a technology-focused role
- Experience with electrification programs (especially battery) preferred
- Experience in program delivery, being part of muleiple program launches in a leadership role
- Demonstrated leadership of multiple projects through to successful delivery, ideally beginning in early concept development
- Excellent inter personal skills with the ability to collaboratively work with and influence cross-functional departments both internally and externally.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.