Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Reliability is at the core of Electric Adventure Vehicles. As a Sustaining Reliability Engineer, you will play a key role in developing Rivian’s products with reliability in mind.
This is what you’ll do:
- Develop reliability tests to provide early detection of reliability issues during mass production
- Assess manufacturing changes and risks; develop test plans to validate them.
- Escalation and root cause analysis for failures identified in tests
This is what you’ll need:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- Experience developing and carrying out tests in a laboratory environment
- Understand of manufacturing
- A desire to contribute to a respectful, fun, inclusive and inspiring team culture
Must have domain knowledge:
- Methods for reliability testing
- Knowledge of equipment for laboratory testing
- Understanding of physics of failure
- 3-5 years of industry experience in a reliability engineering role.
- Experience deploying Ongoing Reliability Testing and Burn-In or HASS Testing Strategies
- Knowledge of governing equations for reliability statistics
- Experience with automotive systems such as chassis, suspension, steering, brakes and low voltage electronics
- Experience with manufacturing and containment processes
- Experience with NI tools such as VeriStand, TestStand, and LabView
- Programming, ideally Python
- Experience leading DFMEA
- Experience with environmental chambers, chillers, power supplies, digital multi-meters, vibration tables, data acquisition modules, torque transducers
Day in life:
- Establishing reliability requirements and test programs.
- Design and build reliability test laboratories and equipment for stress screening and ongoing reliability testing
- Facilitate Design FMEA sessions to drive reliable design choices and improve validation testing
- Support manufacturing change approval process and provide reliability requirements
- Analyze results using reliability statistics, ie. MTBF, Weibull
- Leading cross functional problem-solving activities
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.