Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- In this role, you will manage and document fire sprinkler system shutdowns/impairments. You will also serve as the primary contact for all fire system impairment requests.
- Prepare system(s) for repairs, maintenance or construction utilizing shut down protocols
- Establish shut down/maintenance procedural manual
- Complete required documentation for regulatory agencies
- Assist with fire safety considerations for permits in regard to hot work
- Collaborate with engineers/designers in fire system design, repair, and installation
- Manage, perform, and/or schedule all necessary fire sprinkler and life safety inspections as required by all applicable NFPA code requirements, insurance carrier, State of Illinois Fire Marshall, City of Bloomington, and Town of Normal inspectors
- Daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual inspections for the following systems:
- Fire Sprinkler Systems sprinklers, piping, and valves. Including wet, dry, deluge, halon, and foam systems
- Main drains
- Exterior Post Indicator Valves (PIV) & Wall-Mounted Post Indicator Valves (WPIV)
- Pumper & Standpipe connections
- Fire Pumps & Above Ground Storage Tanks
- Clean Agent Suppressions Systems
- Fire Alarm Systems/Monitoring
- Fire Doors
- Fire Extinguishers
- Prefer a candidate with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Fire Protection Industry performing similar duties outlined above.
- Driver’s license required.
- Licensed Fire Extinguisher Technician with the State of Illinois preferred.
- Strong understanding of the code regulations including, but not limited to:
- NFPA-1 Fire Code
- NFPA-10 Standard for Portable Fire Extinguishers
- NFPA-13 Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems
- NFPA-14 Standard for the Installation of Standpipe and Hose Systems
- NFPA-16 Standard for the Installation of Foam-Water Sprinkler and Foam-Water Spray Systems
- NFPA-17 Standard for Dry Chemical Extinguishing Systems
- NFPA-18 Standard for Wet Chemical Extinguishing Systems
- NFPA-20 Standard for the Installation of Stationary Pumps for Fire Protectin
- NFPA-25 Standard for Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance of Water Based Fire Protection Systems
- NFPA-30 Flammable and Combustible Liquids Code
- NFPA-51B Standard for Fire Prevention During Welding, Cutting and other Hot Work
- NFPA-72 National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code
- NFPA-80 Standard for Fire Doors and Other Opening Protectives
- NFPA 2001 Standard on Clean Agent Fire Extinguishing Systems
- 2015 International Fire Code with Amendment per City of Normal Adopted Codes
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.