Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Set up and operate manual and CNC machines to produce precision parts and complex automotive dies and tooling
- Use CAD/CAM software to model cutting paths and program machines including 3+2 or 5 Axis Mills
- Read technical drawings and blueprints
- Consider tools required to cut various materials and program machines accordingly
- Assist in trouble shooting and resolving problems with machines as they arise
- Perform basic machine maintenance such as cleaning, oiling, and sharpening tools
- Train new employees on how to properly operate manual and CNC machines and execute programs
- Use of mobile equipment (Crane, Fork Truck, Tugger)
- Perform basic administrative duties
- Ability to work any shift
This is what you’ll need:
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Skilled in reading and interpreting technical drawings and blueprints
- Proficient at computer programming and CAD/CAM
- Strong attention to detail and professional attitude
- 5 years’ experience programming and operating CNC mills
- Experienced in operating manual mills, lathes, drill presses, surface grinders, and other support equipment.
- Experience with arc welding and gas torch preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent; certificate or diploma in engineering or relevant discipline is a plus
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Manufacturing Stamping Shop
Location: Normal, IL
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.