Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
As a Product Manager for Rivian's identity and access management system, Rivian ID, you will own the prioritization and delivery of the core identity capabilities used by our customers to manage their products, integrate external accounts and manage their data securely. You will work with teams to implement identity-related capabilities, such as role-based access control, single sign-on, API tokens, and more across mobile apps, websites and inside the vehicle. You will deliver solutions that support not only the direct needs of our customers, but also the needs of other internal product managers building solutions on top of the Rivian ID platform.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO EVERY DAY
- Own the identity and access management capabilities of the Rivian ID platform, ensuring that we are making the best prioritization and implementation decisions to support our customers’ needs and our long-term business and growth strategy
- Work closely with our key customers to understand their requirements, identifying the best approaches to meet their needs and enable them to build deep integrations with Rivian ID
- Translate business strategy into requirements and work closely with the Rivian ID engineering team to bring them to life.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to understand the business needs around identity and make informed tradeoffs to best support business objectives
- Define the measures of success based on data and how they achieve strategic goals
- Identify industry partners and manage integrations with key complementary solutions
- Effectively communicate user needs and outcomes to your internal teams and collaboratively build solutions for experimentation, validation, and release
- Collaborate with colleagues in marketing, sales and engineering to communicate near-term and long-term strategies and coordinate cross-functional activities
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 4+ years of experience in digital product management across SaaS, mobility or consumer tech. verticals
- Proven history of converting learnings from complex data sets into useful product features that customer love
- Significant experience delivering enterprise-grade digital products
- Experience working closely with the UX/UI design team to realize beautiful, cutting edge designs
- Comfort building platforms that integrate across multiple 3rd party providers and ecosystems
- History of working through ambiguity and devising clean sheet solutions in markets that go from 0 to 1
- Ability to articulate a product vision and rally resources to build it
- Be highly capable at working with development teams through periods of rapid growth and scale
- Track record of succeeding in matrixed organizations and collaborating with stakeholders from multiple domains to execute aggressive timelines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Background in a technical field, finance, consulting and/or hyper-growth companies a plus
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.