Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Join a highly capable team to design industry leading power electronic conversion units for Rivian’s electric vehicles. In this position you will be responsible for development of key electrical components to be used in Rivian’s propulsion inverter products.
- Main technical point of contact between Rivian and Tier 1 component supplier
- Manage critical electrical components such as inverter power semiconductor modules
- Hold weekly or bi-weekly meetings with Teir 1 suppliers
- Track key issues and drive team to ensure timely resolution of problems
- Ensure component compliance to Rivian requirements
- Interact with and facilitate cross-functional discussions with multiple teams: Quality, Reliability, Systems, Mechanical, Manufacturing, and Supply Chain
- Engage with systems engineering to develop mission profiles for specific components
- Perform and/or orchestrate analyses related to specific components: electrical, thermal, FEA, etc
- Track supplier deliverables and drive to satisfy Rivian deadlines
- Ensure supplier delivers all required hardware by MRD by working with supply chain
- Review and understand analyses provided by supplier
- Participate in the supplier DFMEA and ensure it is completed in accordance with Rivian’s expectations
- Coordinate between engineering, manufacturing, and supply chain to determine prototype sample needs
- Capture questions from Rivian cross functional teams and follow up with supplier to get answers in timely manner
- Develop roadmap for future power semiconductor solutions
- Work with systems team to develop component requirements for new programs
- Work with supplier quality engineering for PPAP completion
- Detailed review of all supplier qualification test plan and results
- Work with mechanical team DRE to release required components by obtaining 3D CAD and 2D prints from supplier
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering, specializing in power electronics
- Minimum 5 years relevant automotive or industrial experience
- Good communicator, well organized
- Have previously worked in design release function
- Familiar with relevant standards such as AQG-324
- Experience with automotive propulsion inverters
- Understanding of power semiconductor devices and materials such as IGBT, MOSFET, diodes, Silicon, SiC, and GaN
- Knowledge of power semiconductor packaging technologies
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.