Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Drive carrier performance to ensure timely delivery of finished vehicles using modes of truck, rail and ocean by liaising with carriers and internal teams to flawlessly execute customer home deliveries.
- Execute load tendering to contracted and spot market carriers
- Input shipment data into TMS as needed
- Monitor the flow of railcars, loading, switching and unloading activities to avoid delays
- Monitor truck carrier dwell and transit to avoid delays
- Coordinate vessel bookings, and monitor pick-up precision and lead time performance with ocean carriers
- Coordinate capacity planning activities with carriers and ports
- Communicate carrier KPI results regularly and implement corrective actions when needed
- Ensure safety procedures are established, communicated and enforced
- Leverage data to identify exceptions or waste trends and work across teams to develop and measure corrective actions
- Ensure data integrity is maintained – physicals and Transportation Management System (TMS) are in unison
- Liaise with Purchasing and IT to onboard new carriers
- Administer claims process
- Identify, develop, document and roll out logistics processes as needed
- Participate in benchmarking activities
- Act as back up and support for other roles within the Outbound Logistics team
- Relentless in execution and follow-up
- Customer service mindset
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, engineering, business, or related field
- Outbound vehicle logistics experience a plus
- Hands-on experience working with SAP, Transportation Management System (TMS), and/or yard management systems
- Advanced user in MS Excel – ability to create pivot table and charts, use of short cuts, and VLOOKUP functionality
- Flexibility to step into other roles as needed
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time
- Positive attitude and good sense of humor!
- This role's core working hours are 8am-5pm, Monday through Friday
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.