Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Act as Subject Matter Expert for the outbound vehicle logistics Transportation Management System (TMS), and interfaces to supporting systems such as Yard Management System (YMS) and SAP.
- Own and maintain all master data, including routes and rates
- Configure the TMS to suit the needs for outbound vehicle distribution
- Coordinate system issue resolution, and identify and drive enhancements
- Identify, document and drive improvements in methods of using systems within Outbound, including processes and desk procedures
- Support TMS launch activities including User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Develop, document and roll out logistics processes as needed
- Own the development and maintenance of operational dashboards and KPIs
- Act as back up and support for other roles within the Outbound Logistics team
- Detailed oriented!
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, engineering, business, Information Technology or related field
- 5+ years of experience with using a TMS, preferably for finished vehicle shipment or using Oracle Transportation Management (OTM) system.
- Ability to configure TMS using SQL, agents, workflows, etc
- Thorough understanding of IT processes and procedures relative to system launch, drafting system level requirements and UAT, and roll out of enhancements
- Ability to explain complex issues to a variety of audiences, think about the big picture when communicating, and report technical details succinctly
- Expert user in MS Excel – ability to create pivot table and sophisticated charts, i.e. multiple axis and data series, use of short cuts, and VLOOKUP functionality
- Advanced user in Tableau is a plus
- Flexibility to step into other roles as needed
- Flexibility to work staggered shifts and weekends
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time
- Positive attitude and good sense of humor!
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.