Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Manage transportation execution for all shipments in direct support of service operations, to include domestic and international freight and parcel between distribution centers and service facilities, retail locations, and end customers. Some ad hoc domestic and international shipment execution is possible.
- Load tendering of shipments within the Rivian TMS to freight forwarders, parcel carriers, and local couriers.
- Track and trace to ensure shipments are delivered on time and updates provided to appropriate end users as required.
- Work closely with teams representing Service Parts, Repair and Remanufacturing, Retail, Test and Development, as well as other closely related logistics groups.
- Develop and implement mode selection rules within Rivian TMS based on commodity, destination, and timing requirements.
- Ensure Dangerous Goods and/or Hazardous Materials are properly screened and classified, and that properly certified carriers are utilized as required with applicable regulations and laws.
- Balance transportation performance with efficient execution of shipments, driving costs down over time while improving upon overall service
- Anticipate challenges and disruptions to transportation flow and design mitigation strategies.
- Drive company compliance with logistics processes and global trade regulations.
- This is primarily a tactical role focused on execution and operations.
- Some travel is required (10-15%)
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics/Transportation, or other related field
- A minimum of 3 years logistics (or materials) and transportation experience is required, service center experience highly preferred
- Flexibility to think strategically and act tactically
- Ability to develop and interpret business intelligence/data to drive execution and decision-making
- Ability to gain trust and communicate constructively with stakeholders across the organization to resolve complicated issues.
- In-depth understanding of domestic shipment execution, as well as experience with shipping Dangerous Goods and/or Hazardous Materials.
- Experience working within a Transportation Management System (TMS), hands-on experience with SAP is a plus.
- Ability to effectively work within a team, and prioritize tasks and responsibilities in a culture of rapid change.
- Creative problem-solving skills, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Passion for developing and managing a transparent culture and cross-departmental relationships.
- Exceptional communication skills: written, oral, and presentational/educational.
- Strong knowledge of multi-modal (air, parcel, ground, ocean) logistics operations.
- This role has core working hours of 8am-5pm, Monday through Friday.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.