Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Have you ever wanted to work for a company that will change the world? At Rivian, you’ll have that opportunity. For the last century, the automobile has dominated the way we move. No other mode of transport has offered the same level of flexibility in routes, departure times, or configurations. But owning a vehicle is not problem free. It depreciates in value, it's massively underutilized, and--between cleaning, maintenance, insurance, and fueling--it takes a lot of effort to keep it on the road. Beyond all of this hassle, the automotive system has contributed to many of the planet's biggest challenges, including air quality, climate change, congestion, and energy dependence. There is a better solution. This requires us to not only redesign the vehicle, but also the ecosystem around it. Backed by strong investors and driven by a team of passionate innovators, Rivian is creating solutions that redefine traditional automotive economics and remove the pain points of conventional ownership.
- Manage a 7day/week North American Outbound Logistics Operation, including yard management and carrier operations for finished vehicle distribution from plant to end customer
- Manage exportation of finished vehicles to the port of entry abroad
- Manage ad hoc finished vehicle shipment requests for company vehicles
- Hire, coach, mentor and develop staff
- Collaborate with stakeholders to create, document and rollout logistics processes
- Develop KPI’s and achieve targets
- Drive efficiencies in the distribution network
- Quickly become an expert in the Transportation Management System
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among department members
- Be a hands-on leader with the ability to train employees and pitch in as needed
- Ensure that safety procedures are established, communicated and enforced
- Remain flexible in the scope of work that is required
- Remain flexible in work hours
- Provide a customer-oriented approach to support the internal customers
- 5+ years of experience in finished vehicle distribution
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, engineering, business, or related field
- Detailed and well organized
- Process oriented - uses a methodical approach to problem solving
- Hands-on experience working with SAP, Transportation Management System (TMS), and/or yard management systems
- Advanced skills in MS Excel – ability to create pivot tables and charts, use of short cuts, and VLOOKUP functionality – SQL a plus
- Comfortable using process mapping tools
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time
- Positive attitude and good sense of humor!
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.