Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Manage the Outbound Logistics Operations team, including yard management and carrier operations for finished vehicle distribution.
- Distribution of RPVs for North America
- Management of Ad Hoc moves for company vehicles (test drives, loaners, show cars)
- Coach, mentor and develop staff
- Collaborate with stakeholders to create, document and rollout logistics processes
- Develop KPI’s and achieve targets
- Drive efficiencies in the distribution network
- Quickly become an expert in the Transportation Management System
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among department members
- Be a hands-on leader with the ability to train employees and pitch in as needed
- Ensure that safety procedures are established, communicated and enforced
- Remain flexible in the scope of work that is required
- Remain flexible in work hours
- Provide a customer-oriented approach to support the internal customers
- 5+ years of experience in finished vehicle distribution
- Need for 14 hour/day and 7 day/week operation to accommodate final mile deliveries
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, engineering, business, or related field
- Detailed and well organized
- Process oriented - uses a methodical approach to problem solving
- Hands-on experience working with SAP, Transportation Management System (TMS), and/or yard management systems
- Advanced skills in MS Excel – ability to create pivot tables and charts, use of short cuts, and VLOOKUP functionality – SQL a plus
- Comfortable using process mapping tools
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time
- Positive attitude and good sense of humor!
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.