Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Physically screen all outbound parcel and freight to determine if any hazardous materials or dangerous goods regulations apply, and if so, that the package is compliantly prepared.
- Work with certified Dangerous Goods employees to verify requirements, and prepare the shipments accordingly.
- Monitor supply levels for dangerous goods related materials, to include UN rated packaging, labels, ESD materials, document templates, etc.
- Receive all inbound parcel and freight into notification system to inform recipients, and follow up until goods are physically received.
- Provide general logistics assistance to Rivian employees as needed to include locating of parcel and freight, assistance with the packaging of outbound shipments, and support with general questions.
- Assist with loading/unloading of freight and parcel shipments utilizing appropriate warehouse equipment (forklift, pallet jack, etc)
- Take ownership of issue resolution on warehouse related questions, concerns, and escalations.
- 2-3 years relevant experience with warehouse operations: shipping, receiving, inventory control, goods receipt, documentation, issue out, escalations/resolutions. High volume, automotive or start-up experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with handling hazardous materials or dangerous goods as defined by 49 CFR/IATA/IMDG. Previous full certification or general awareness training preferred
- Ability to adhere to strict work instructions
- Experience executing operations in a high velocity environment. Able to track multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Strong continuous improvement skills utilizing lean methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral
- Forklift certified/Dangerous Goods handling experience a plus
- High school diploma required, Associate Degree or higher preferred.
- This role's core working hours are 8am-5pm, Monday through Friday.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.