Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- As a Systems engineer, collaborate with both hardware and software cross-functional teams in driving Rivian’s features through complete lifecycle
- Create System-level requirements, interface specifications, architecture and design documents
- Support hardware and software integration activities, including participation in network definition, trade studies, and development testing
- Help drive and be an active participant in functional safety topics, including functional safety requirements, DFMEA, and FTA
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Electrical, Electronics, Computer, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 5 or more years of experience in Automotive or related industries involving integration of both hardware and software components
- Experience in systems engineering, software development and validation/testing
- Experience with automotive Electrical/Electronics architectures, computer/vehicle networking and protocols such as CAN, Ethernet, and LIN
- Experience in systems engineering processes like trade-off studies, DFMEA and DVP&R etc.
- Knowledge of requirements engineering, verification & validation and automation tools
- Direct experience with current ADAS features and technologies
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.