Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
In this position you will be responsible for ensuring all safety, quality, and performance requirements are being sustained within the Service Parts Operations. You will partner with the local management team to promote safe working behaviors, help develop quality focused processes, maintain organized cleanliness, and support facility maintenance needs. This role will require strong communication skills, attention to detail, a focus on continuous improvement, and a quality driven mindset.
- Lead safety program including safety walks, compliance measurement, and safety incident documentation
- Update standard work documentation with safety and quality call outs
- Document continuous improvement efforts
- Communicate team performance and identify solutions for underperforming metrics
- Manage on site vendors for facility maintenance and repair needs
- Support the Global Distribution Strategy and Facilities teams with developing and planning tenet improvements
- Perform process audits to ensure adherence to standard processes and work with the Warehouse Associates to identify improvement opportunities
- Perform 5 Why audits on mis-shipments
- Coordinate 5S projects
- Audit outbound shipments for any quality deviations
- Collaborate with other teams to maintain consistent processes across Rivian’s Service Parts network
- 5+ years of experience in warehouse operations or logistics related roles
- 2+ years of experience in quality management related roles
- BS/BA in Supply Chain, Engineering or related field
- ISO Certification experience preferred
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Strong collaborator, with willingness to drive change cross functionally
- SAP WM or EWM experience (a plus)
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Required to lift material up to 50 lbs.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.