Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Remanufacturing will enable Rivian to execute low cost and high-quality part replacement by improving existing product and extending its life by brining it back to the original standard. This is in support of Rivian’s closed-loop system.
As a Technical Program Manager you will ensure the timely supply of Reman products to Reman’s global customers.
Coordinate Reman material, facilities, & labor to support the global demand forecast of Reman products.
- Control the Reman Bill of Material (RBOM).
- Work with Service Parts, suppliers, and Service Centers to forecast and support Reman’s world-wide part and returned-product needs.
- Work with Reman Engineering/Production to ensure adequate and timely facilities, equipment, staff, training, and data tracking.
Manage the Reman “Pilot Team.” Work with Rivian Facilities, Reman Engineering/Production, and outside contractors to ensure Reman facilities are built and operational to support Reman needs world-wide.
Collaborate with and maintain an operational partnership with Service Parts, Service Engineering, Service Center Managers, IT, EH&S, Facilities, Finance, Logistics, Reliability, Engineering, Second-Life, internal Reman teams, and others to successfully execute against planning in Rivian’s business systems (including PLM, ERP, and MES).
- Support launch of remanufacturing facility including timeline management, coordination of project tracks to support capex, tooling, systems, materials, and labor
- Lead test and pilot runs of remanufacturing lines including physical and systemic validation
- Steer IT and facility developers to develop and implement business tools and facilities as required
- Trial and implement production changes into remanufacturing processes
- Manage change control activities for remanufactured commodities
- Manage shifting business priorities, providing direction to interested parties (both internal and external).
- Drive Reman teams to meet deliverables: including business decisions, communications, and training.
- Orchestrate project reviews and drive product/process optimization.
- Drive Reman teams and Data Analysts to track and graph reman metrics, including units produced, average cost, hours expended, overtime consumed, first pass yield, etc. Use data to help manage budget, forecasting, and funds reallocation as needed.
- 6+ years of experience in Automotive, Tier 1, OEM, or similar technical field.
- Understanding of enterprise databases (PLM, ERP, MES), with focused experience on product life cycle management, Bills of Material, and Supply Chain Management. (SAP a plus)
- Jira and Jama experience preferred.
- Strong leadership capability.
- Strong collaborator, with a willingness to drive change.
- Strong program management and timeline/task execution (able to drive to critical path)
- Experience leading teams with a proven track record in an automotive or high-tech environment.
- Broad experience defining, launching, and driving strategic process redesign initiatives to improve internal and external processes and operations, working closely with cross-functional teams and stakeholders in a technology environment.
- Ability to define critical aspects of schedule and determine critical path.
- Ability to lead through influence, not necessarily reporting structure.
- Ability to evaluate and adjust priorities as urgent issues arise.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- BA or BS in a related discipline preferred.
This is where you will work:
Deparement: Service Operations
Location: Palo Alto, CA or Irvine, CA
We Are Rivian
- Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Starting from a clean sheet has allowed us to learn from and leverage what’s been done in the past, while giving us the freedom to reimagine mobility from the ground up. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
- We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done — thoughtfully and sustainably. Science and invention depend on our innate curiosity and desire to explore the unknown.
- Our development centers are located in Plymouth, MI, San Jose, CA, Irvine, CA and Surrey, England. In addition to these four locations, we have a modern manufacturing facility in Normal, IL, and will begin production of our R1T and R1S in 2020.
The Adventure Is Just Beginning
- Doing something different is never easy. It requires courage, optimism and grit. Core to delivering on our vision is building a team of curious individuals, determined to make a positive impact on the world. This means challenging ourselves; stretching beyond the bounds of conventional thinking, reframing old problems, seeking new solutions and operating comfortably in a space of uncertainty.
- Our team has a diverse set of backgrounds — but at heart, we are adventurers on a mission to move the world in a new direction. We’re currently looking for thinkers and doers with a strong sense of adventure to join us on this journey.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.