Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Be a key strategic partner to our future factory planning teams, leading financial analysis for new factory & expansion workstreams
- Provide ad-hoc financial analysis for make vs. buy and automation business cases
- Prepare and present insightful analysis to support leadership in decision-making,
- Serve as a trusted partner to the Manufacturing Engineering organization by articulating, reviewing, and analyzing financial forecasts, and executing financial planning needs
- Consolidate recurring forecasts for the Manufacturing Engineering organization; includes collecting and tracking headcount, operating and capital expenses
- Conduct variance analysis to forecast, track KPIs, and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Partner with Accounting and other Finance teams to perform monthly and quarterly close responsibilities; includes managing accruals and preparing close presentations
- Proactively work to improve data quality and collection processes to drive continuous improvement in forecast timing and accuracy
- A passion for sustainability and keeping the world adventurous forever
- Top-tier analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt in an ever-changing and ambiguous environment with imperfect data
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to step-back and see the big picture
- Agile and able to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Ability to effectively articulate financial stories in a clear and concise manner, written and verbally
- Expert at Excel, and a strong proficiency with Word and PowerPoint required
- Experience with SAP, Adaptive Insights, Tableau, and Lucidchart a plus
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA/CPA a plus) in Finance, Accounting, Engineering, or relevant experience in a related field
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in Finance, Consulting, Investment Banking, Engineering, Manufacturing, or other related field
- Department: Finance
- Location: Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.