Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Serve as a trusted Business Partner to the Service Operations organization by effectively articulating, reviewing and analyzing divisional overhead budgets and forecasts, and executing financial planning needs
- Obtain and consolidate the monthly, quarterly and annual divisional overhead forecasts and budgets for the Service Operations organization; includes collecting and tracking headcount, operating and capital expenses
- Conduct variance analysis to budget / forecast, track KPIs, labor utilization, warranty expense, and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Partner with Corporate Accounting and other Finance teams to perform monthly and quarterly close responsibilities; includes managing accruals and preparing close presentations
- Prepare presentations that provide insightful analysis and required action items to support Service Operations leadership with making informed business decisions, identify risks & opportunities and track variances to the annual budget
- Proactively work to improve data quality and collection processes to drive continuous improvement in forecast timing and accuracy
- Provide ad-hoc financial analysis as needed
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skill with the ability to process data from multiple sources and build models from the ground up
- Provide robust support for business decisions through a methodical and holistic analytical approach with the ability to view challenges through various lenses
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to step-back and see the big picture
- Flexibility in prioritizing in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to effectively articulate financial stories in a clear and concise manner
- Proven ability in developing and improving processes to make reporting better, faster and easier
- Ability to partner with people of various background and levels
- Strong Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills required, experience with SAP, Adaptive Insights, Tableau, and Lucidchart a plus
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA/CPA a plus) in Finance, Accounting or related field preferred
- Minimum 4 years of related business experience in Finance, Accounting or related field
- Department: Finance
- Location: Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.