Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- 3+ years experience
- In this role, you will be responsible for estimating the relative and/or global position of the vehicle in real-time to support L2 and L3 automated driving features.
- You will be contributing to localization and sensor fusion that are essential for achieving L3 automated driving in our vehicles.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Electrical, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Robotics, or a related field
- Localization and Sensor fusion (GPS, IMU, LiDAR, SLAM)
- Kalman filtering / stochastic estimation
- Experience with GNSS receiver code and tracking loop implementation
- Experience implementing INS dead-reckoning algorithms
- Camera / LiDAR based mapping
- C/C++ programming experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment
- Good team player with great communication skills
- Passionately motivated to take ideas from R&D phase to a product
- Embedded software development and optimization experience
- Experience in automotive application
- Point Cloud Library (PCL)
- Iterative Closest Point (ICP)
- Prototyping real-time applications
- GNSS / IMU Integration
- Software development for safety critical systems (ISO 26262)
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.