Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Establish and lead the Rivian GSOC program, including to manage staff, vendor and contractor activities.
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders to develop innovative solutions for security risks and vulnerabilities.
- Implement policies and procedures to support the existing and future Security program.
- Support development and delivery of security awareness activities.
- Initiate and oversee the development, implementation, administration, monitoring and improvement of GSOC, policies, procedures and protocols.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners on crisis response and management, emergency coordination, and business information and intelligence.
- Provide support to business partners during emergency events, disruptions and manage the escalation and communication to leadership.
- Lead a cross-organizational crisis management team in situations when the GSOC activates in an Incident Command (IC) role.
- Determine the GSOC staffing requirements, guide recruiting, hiring, training, development, and retention of a best team and talent.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Extensive security industry or related experience.
- CPP, PSP or equivalent certifications are a plus.
- A positive attitude and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated analytic and critical thinking skills.
- Integrity and professionalism.
- Demonstrated experience designing and building out a GSOC. Extensive experience with GSOC systems and programs.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure compliance, monitoring of assets, and making rapid and accurate notifications via mass communication tools.
- Proficiency in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Office 365).
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as operational needs dictate and be able to travel.
- A service-oriented personality, self-motivated, confident, energetic, and flexible.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.