Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Provide diagnostic and repair support of a geographical region consisting of several Rivian service facilities
· You will specialize in advanced diagnostics and heavy repair of all Rivian vehicle models and all vehicle systems
· Provide localized assistance with complicated or highly technical repairs of advanced systems including; HV battery, Infotainment, Drive Unit and Driver’s Assistance
· You will model proper diagnostic and repair techniques as well as conduct some onsite training for local and mobile technicians
· Develop diagnosis and repair plans such that vehicle downtime/off-road is kept to a minimum
· Create field reports for common and severe vehicle failure modes to inform engineering teams of field corrective action and opportunities for product improvement
· Generate field reports for applicable government agencies (NHTSA, Etc.)
· Promote and foster principles of “Rivian Compass” (work ethic, culture, behaviors, etc) in each local service location across North America
· Provide technical mentorship for local service locations, promoting best practices, safety and efficiency
· Conduct and document localized engineering studies or field validations of Rivian products
· Work toward achieving KPIs for your region, which may include goals of minimal vehicle downtime, remote diagnostic response times, on-site diagnostic assistance proficiency, etc.
· Foster close collaboration between Reliability and Engineering teams to provide accurate field reporting
· Perform incident response plan for emergency field events where onsite support or data gathering is time sensitive and business critical
· Uphold and foster a positive work environment and a culture of collaboration in each Rivian facility in which you work as well as 3rd party support you may provide
· Provide field feedback on diagnostic tools (software and hardware tools) to improve functionality and ease of use
· Partner with Diagnostic Engineering and Repair Plan Advisor teams to develop strategies to streamline and where possible, automate diagnosis for all major vehicle systems with the goal of shortening the service repair process
· Assist in any other business critical initiatives where your technical and communication expertise is valuable
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· 5+ years of automotive experience performing advanced technical diagnosis on modern vehicle systems
· BS degree in mechanical, electrical engineering or computer science and/or automotive accreditations from reputable institute
· Experience with modern advanced vehicle diagnostic tools
· Computer skills proficiency and excellent written and spoken communication skills
· Proven expertise in data analysis and critical thinking
· Experience working as an automotive technician
· Proven success in driving service support requirements in a complex environment
· Track record of working closely with cross-functional teams and stakeholders in a technology environment
· Process design experience, with proven ability to understand, document, and transform complex processes
· Strong analytical and structured problem-solving capabilities with high level analytical ability where opportunities for improvement are unusual and complex
· Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with internal and external partners
· Extremely detail oriented
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Service Operations
Location: Pacific Northwest
We Are Rivian
· Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Starting from a clean sheet has allowed us to learn from and leverage what’s been done in the past while giving us the freedom to reimagine mobility from the ground up. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
· We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done — thoughtfully and sustainably. Science and invention depend on our innate curiosity and desire to explore the unknown.
· Our development centers are located in Plymouth, MI, San Jose, CA, Irvine, CA and Surrey, England. In addition to these four locations, we have a modern manufacturing facility in Normal, IL and will begin production of our R1T and R1S in 2020.
The Adventure Is Just Beginning
· Doing something different is never easy. It requires courage, optimism and grit. Core to delivering on our vision is building a team of curious individuals, determined to make a positive impact on the world. This means challenging ourselves, stretching beyond the bounds of conventional thinking, reframing old problems, seeking new solutions and operating comfortably in a space of uncertainty.
· Our team has a diverse set of backgrounds— but at heart, we are adventurers on a mission to move the world in a new direction. We’re currently looking for thinkers and doers with a strong sense of adventure to join us on this journey.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.