Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
About the team:
This is what you will do:
- Create, maintain test strategy and test plans for infotainment audio features and audio quality for multiple programs/projects for different vehicles in the Rivian portfolio.
- Build, maintain and manage test environments needed for manual and automated runs.
- Help drive decisions about test automation strategies, collaborate across dev & test organizations.
- Create/enhance and maintain manual and automated test cases.
- Collaborate with other leads in the system test team and cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize test execution for various internal and external milestones.
- Analyze defects, assist with resolving issues reported from drive tests and customers.
- Mentor new hires.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience, with 3+ years of experience audio system testing.
- Expertise in audio testing methodologies and how audio hardware and software work together.
- Expertise in audio testing areas such as ducking, directional audio, chime identification.
- Expertise in Python, audio test automation tools.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies.
- Experience in measuring and reporting audio quality metrics using objective evaluation techniques and tools.
- Experience in infotainment/connected car audio testing is a big plus.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.