Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Optimize designs or provide technical recommendations to design teams to ensure specification & requirement is met
- Perform CAE NVH analyses at the motor and sub-system level
- Verify structural & NVH experimentally including modal analysis, signature analysis and in dyno base on simulations; propose design modifications and/or optimization as required
- Support advanced studies in regard to propulsion system & electric drive train optimization
- Work with motor, powertrain and cross functional teams to integrate motor and other components into drive unit or E-axle
- Generate, optimize, revise detailed 3D CAD models and 2D drawings of electro-mechanical components and mechanical system layouts
- Participate in suppliers’ meetings
- Lead and/or support product development with suppliers
- Collaborate with other members of the engineering staff to support both internal R&D efforts
- Develop or support component technical specifications and requirements
- Ensure timely completion of project design deliverables including designs, drawings, analyses and other documentations as required
- Develop new tools and methods to improve Structural & NVH predictive capabilities
- Minimum Master degree with 5+ years or PHD with 2+ years of experience related to Structural & NVH preferably focusing in Automotive drivetrain or E-axle
- Strong knowledge of fundamental physics and structural engineering principles
- Proficiency in FEA software such as Abaqus, Optistruct, Ansys and Pre and Post-Processors such as Hypermesh, Hyperview
- Experience conducting Structural and NVH analyses on various components and assemblies comprised of various metals and plastics
- Proficiency in CAD such as Solidworks, ProE, Catia V6 preferred
- Proficiency in GD&T, tolerance stack-up analyses (linear & radial) and high speed shrink fit analysis
- Strong programing skill in Matlab or Python
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects simultaneously
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.