Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
In this position you will build the tight data and model integrations into our factories that enable Rivian to scale with unprecedented quality, speed, and operational performance. We develop the data platforms and tools where manufacturing data is modeled and used by analysts, data scientists, and engineers. And we use those same platforms and tools to deliver analytics, inference, and algorithms critical to Rivian’s mission.
- Deliver the platform and algorithms that power decision automation at a scale unprecedented in the industry
- Partner with manufacturing engineers and others to discover opportunities to deliver algorithmic solutions to high volume, high cost, or high criticality decision points in our manufacturing systems
- Develop reusable integration patterns (which may involve edge applications) that enable low latency access to and scoring of granular high-resolution equipment, process, and product test data
- Lead the development of overall data system architecture for Factory Data
- Create the platform and tools for data scientists and machine learning engineers to train, validate, test, deploy, monitor, and manage models driving decision automation in our factories
- Lead the team training models for a variety of automated decisioning tasks like time-series analysis of product tests, CV tasks, assembly optimizations, production planning optimization, anomaly detection, etc.
- Ensure solutions are “right-sized” for given correctness, latency, and availability requirements
- Grow a diverse team of world-class data scientists and software, data, and machine learning engineers
- Exceptional verbal, written, and visual communication skills in a cross-functional environment
- Exceptional software and data engineering skills
- Experience architecting and implementing production decision automation systems
- Experience architecting and implementing complex streaming data systems
- A model-driven mindset
- Ability to attract and develop world-class data scientists, computer vision, and machine learning engineers
- Experience with manufacturing, robotics, or cyberphysical systems a plus
- Experience with computer vision and perception systems a plus
- Experience with operations research, optimization, simulation, or queuing theory a plus
- 8+ years relevant experience with a degree in a quantitative field
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.