Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
A team leader is responsible for learning and maintaining a qualified skill set on all jobs within their assigned area. It is the responsibility of the team leader to ensure all team members within this assigned area are also trained to quality control standards. Team leaders are responsible for learning and promoting safety standards within their team. This position must communicate with team members and Group Leader in assigned team as well as other areas to ensure goals and standards are met.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain a high-quality relationship with managers to identify and implement processes, equipment and functional improvements to achieve operational excellence
- Support manufacturing team equipment and process capability analysis
- Execute product and process validation / inspection plans
- Assist in performing and teaching all processes and assignments within the department, with the ability to fill in as needed
- Promote team member understanding of company vision and goals.
- Actively supports management in the planning and execution of the launch, ramp ups, and production
- Supports planning, control, training, coordination, and technical support within assigned team
- Assist in generating standard operation sheets, material data sheets, and other workstation documentation.
- Encourages team members to achieve production targets in all ways including time, quality, and manufacturing processes.
- Utilize a variety of training methodologies, techniques, concepts, learning tools, and practices to ensure maximum learning effectiveness
- Inspect, test or measure components, products and materials being produced.
- Report inspection and test data.
- Responsible for quality related continuous improvement and lead continuous improvement activities as needed.
- No direct reports · technical team leadership skills required to achieve goals
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability.
- Manufacturing/assembly process and/or automotive repair experience:
- Team leadership experience preferred
- Product and industry knowledge
- Very strong communication skills
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Technical expert of equipment in functional area.
- Remains flexible and responsive to changing conditions
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Computer skills especially in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint – ability to manage files and records effectively
Education And/or Experience:
- Engineering, Quality, or Technical Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Degree or training in team leading/management is a plus · In depth knowledge of manufacturing environment and processes
- Experience of working and managing a team during production is highly favored Language, Mathematical, and/or Reasoning Ability
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as governmental regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to communicate in a high-pressure environment.
- Provide support or knowledge to identify root cause and implement permanent countermeasures when necessary.
- Basic understanding and knowledge of vehicle testing equipment, alignment equipment, wheel balancer, measuring calipers, torque wrenches, etc. – understanding torque and torque management.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.