Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Design and develop Rivian infotainment applications on Android OS
- Develop sample and demo applications, making use of our technology
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product and UI/UX design teams to define application features
- Identify potential problems and resolve application bottlenecks for performance optimizations
- Triage, debug, and fix application issues before final release
- Perform code reviews and practice continuous integration and development
- Write test code to test for quality, robustness, and functional correctness, including edge cases
- Design and implement subsequent application updates and releases
- Grow your skills with continual learning, workshops, conferences, and talks
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (MS preferred)
- Proven Android app developer with 5+ years of experience
- Proficiency in Kotlin, Java, and C++
- Ability to manage your workload with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in using Android and Android Jetpack APIs, including knowledge of Android NDK and JNI
- Knowledge of Android design principles and application interface guidelines
- Knowledge of Android’s performance and testing framework
- Familiarity with embedded Android framework services
- Experience with developing mapping, multi-media, and Bluetooth solutions is a plus
- Familiarity with push notifications, APIs and cloud messaging
- Excellent coding and proofreading skills
- Familiarity with the best in class Software development practices
- Proficient in code versioning tools including Git, Bitbucket and others
- Experience with continuous integration tools, such as Jenkins
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum practices
- Excellent inter-personal skills with the ability to collaboratively work with and influence cross-functional teams
- Top-notch teamwork and communication skills
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.