Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Specific primary responsibilities are defined by the following, but not limited to;
• Maintains a high-quality relationship with the production managers and group leaders.
• Skilled at data driven problem solving of issues identified in process and products.
• Plans and establishes quality team agenda and coverage of production processes.
• Monitoring and control of capital and expense spending.
• Responsible for the direct supervision of Quality Validation team members and team leaders.
• Insures adherence to quality standards, standard work, safety, and overall performance of the quality validation team.
• Insure that quality team training is completed at required time interval
• Responsible for the safety of quality employees and that all quality equipment is in safe operating condition.
• Regularly reports out quality performance to peers and management team.
• Determine quality team activity including recommendation of hiring, firing, performance, wage and salary reviews
• Understanding of gauging and measurement systems
• Understanding of quality and inspection methods
• Kaizen / continuous improvement process experience
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated project management skills
• General office software usage capability (email, excel, word, etc.)
• Engineering or Technical bachelor’s degree Preferred.
• 5+ years of manufacturing or mechanical experience.
• 3+ years of supervision experience OR A combination of education and experience.
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
• Department: Quality Department
• Location: Normal, IL
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.