Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
· Maintain service tooling program across the Rivian Service Organization
· Collaborate with Rivian partners (Construction, EH&S, facilities and design) to establish timelines and execute to support Service Labs and Service center growth plan
· Support content in all service manuals for the technical publications
· Support service tooling development, including testing, validation and implementation
· Support improvement and validation of repair procedures for accuracy (process, labor times, safety, etc.)
· Identify and Develop tooling supplier relationships
· Support the improvement of efficiency in service procedures without compromising quality and safety of the repair
· Support all validation of special service tools prior to implementation to the field
· Work with strategic partners to drive tooling cost reduction efforts
· Support tooling for campaigns and containment initiatives
· Support tooling cost analyst impact on different serviceability methods and processes
· Provide ad hoc service support to the field to support the Service organization
· Create, submit and manage RFP’s for large tooling projects
· Support and proactively collaborate with Service Engineering, Field Service, Technical Publications, Service Parts, and Service Training teams.
· Develop Process improvement across all Service tooling
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
· 5+ years of automotive experience
· BA in Business management, BS in engineering or equivalent
· Experience managing a program from beginning to end
· Purchasing Experience/Supplier Management experience
· Experience creating and maintaining product specification
· Experience negotiating contracts
· Ability to travel as needed
· Experience working in start-up environments
· Knowledge of commercial automotive tools and equipment
· Knowledge of EV Powertrains and HV systems
· Strong written and communications skills
· Strong organization skills with attention to detail
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Department: Service Operations
Location: Palo Alto, CA
We Are Rivian
· Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Starting from a clean sheet has allowed us to learn from and leverage what’s been done in the past while giving us the freedom to reimagine mobility from the ground up. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
· We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done — thoughtfully and sustainably. Science and invention depend on our innate curiosity and desire to explore the unknown.
· Our development centers are located in Plymouth, MI, San Jose, CA, Irvine, CA and Surrey, England. In addition to these four locations, we have a modern manufacturing facility in Normal, IL and will begin production of our R1T and R1S in 2020.
The Adventure Is Just Beginning
· Doing something different is never easy. It requires courage, optimism and grit. Core to delivering on our vision is building a team of curious individuals, determined to make a positive impact on the world. This means challenging ourselves, stretching beyond the bounds of conventional thinking, reframing old problems, seeking new solutions and operating comfortably in a space of uncertainty.
· Our team has a diverse set of backgrounds— but at heart, we are adventurers on a mission to move the world in a new direction. We’re currently looking for thinkers and doers with a strong sense of adven
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.