Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Commission, maintain and continuously improve complex manufacturing control systems comprised of Rockwell hardware and software technologies, robots and multiple integrated safety systems.
- Develop and support FactoryTalk View ME, GuardLogix PLCs, VFDs, Servo Drives and RFID readers/writers, Keyence barcode markers and readers.
- Evaluate, update and create electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic schematics, process and instrumentation diagrams using Eplan.
- Assist maintenance and operations in preventing/limiting unplanned downtime and implementing process improvements.
- Advanced understanding of and experience with:
- L8 series GuardLogix (Studio 5k ver. 28-32).
- Factory Talk View Studio ME ver. 11
- Kawasaki Robots
- Ethernet/IP networks.
- PowerFlex (525, 527 and 755) and ArmorStart VFD’s
- IEC 61131-3.
- Atlas Copco torque tools (Power Mac and Focus).
- Ability to think critically and communicate concisely in a high-pressure work environment. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and to speak effectively before groups.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science/Engineering with 2+ years of experience in manufacturing automation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- In the performance of the duties of this job the employee is required to travel, drive a motor vehicle, communicate effectively using telephone and e-mail.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Willingness to work during scheduled production downtimes including weekends and holidays.
- Willingness to work for extended periods of time on the production floor.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to work safely with adhesives including exposure to solvents, fumes and odors normally associated with adhesive application.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.