Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Maintains a high-quality relationship with the production managers regarding their production schedules, and the support required for machinery, potential new capital requirements.
- Works with the Maintenance Manager to identify and implement processes, equipment and functional improvements to achieve operational excellence.
- Plans and establishes maintenance team agenda and ensures performance scheduling.
- Monitoring and control of capital and expense spending.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of maintenance Technicians, including maintenance processes, and procedures, new installation and equipment improvements.
- Hands on trouble shooting of complex integrated electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Ensure the highest level of Maintenance Technician training to support the operating plans.
- Responsible for the safety of maintenance employees and that all production equipment is in safe operating condition in conjunction with the safety committee and EH&S manager
- Work with the Maintenance Manager to develop, roll out and maintain the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- CMMS software setup, use, coaching and training.
- Experience with facilities maintenance infrastructure (electrical, HVAC, plumbing, etc.)
- Expanded knowledge of PLC’s, Installation and Programming.
- Kaizen / continuous improvement process experience
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Engineering or Technical Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
- 3+ years in manufacturing maintenance supervision OR combination of education and experience
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.